• Camden High School (1971-74)
• Defensive End University of Kentucky (1974-77)
• SEC Player of the Year as a senior at Kentucky
• Consensus first-team All-American in 1977,
• Broke UK single season record with 22 tackles behind the line in 1977 … career with 327 tackles
• Second overall player taken in the 1978 NFL draft (Houston Oilers running back Earl Campbell was the first)
• Four-time Pro-Bowl selection, following the 1980 – 1982 and 1984 seasons
• Chiefs most valuable player twice (in 1980 and 1984) and is still third on the club’s all-time sack list with 72.5 (trailing Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith)
• Led the team in sacks on six occasions, and topped the team’s tackle chart three times.
He had two seasons (1980 and 1984) with 14.5 sacks. He also held the Club record for most sacks in one game with four (vs. Oakland 10/5/80) and held that record until Derrick Thomas recorded seven in a game versus Seattle in 1990.
• In 1988, traded to the Buffalo Bills where he played for two seasons.
• 12 year career he had 1128 tackles, 78.5 sacks, 12 fumbles recovers and 1 interception.
• Retired from the NFL in 1989 after playing 12 seasons – 10 with the KC Chiefs and 2 with the Buffalo Bills.
– Kansas City Chiefs Hall of Fame 1997
Discovered the Benefits of Infrared Saunas:
I have always taken care of my physical health, but unfortunately, years of playing football my shoulders, knees, back and wrist have given me some serious problems. This was an eye opener to me especially since I have taken care of myself over the years so I thought. I realized that I had to make some adjustment, not only in exercising and nutrition but also handling stress.
Having difficulty sleeping one night I was watching TV at around 2 AM. I saw the LuxSauna Infomercial. My wife and I looked into infrared saunas and decided to purchase the LuxSauna corner unit in the fall of 2009. I have to say that this was one of the best investments for health that we have purchased. My wife also agrees. She too sits in the Sauna daily to relax and de-stress. We have 11 children, 5 of whom are living at home and 12 grandchildren under the age of 7.
All of our children enjoy the sauna, but it has especially been beneficial for our 25-year old son. September 2010 he was involved in a serious motorcycle accident that resulted in numerous broken bones, 5 weeks in ICU, and 5 months at Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital in Lincoln, NE. He also suffered a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) and is living back home with us.
The sauna is the highlight of his day. When we first arrived home he began using the sauna as a means to help detoxify from many months of toxic medications. It has also helped him keep his joints loose, which make it easier for him to continue working on physical disabilities he suffered.
I start off every day that I am at home with 30 minutes in my sauna and many days use sauna before going to bed. Only issue I have is when I travel, No Sauna. It has become part of my lifestyle along with exercising and what I put in my body.
My experience of superior far infrared sauna therapy, detoxification, cardiovascular benefits and overall health and fitness benefits sold me on the ability of the far infrared technology. I’m amazed at the benefits of combining all of those benefits with the ability to now initiate an aerobic or anaerobic workout inside the new HI-Q Fitness sauna. This is nothing short of revolutionary and I’m anxious to share the experience with all my friends here in Kansas City. Be sure to sign up so we can arrange an appointment to meet.
Looking forward to showing you how you too can benefit from this amazing tool.
Art Still – HI-Q Fitness – Far Infrared Saunas Overland Park, Kansas